How to make Southern Fried Whole Okra...
Oil and Iron Skillet for frying
3 large eggs
1/4 cup buttermilk
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup corn meal
1 ts salt
1/2 ts pepper
Batch of freshly picked, rinsed, and cleaned okra (leave tops on or cut off if you so desire)
1. Hear oil in skillet to 375 degrees
2. Whisk eggs and buttermilk in medium bowl
3. Mix flour, meal, salt, pepper in another bowl
4. Drop okra in egg mixture then in dry mixture till fully coated
5. Fry until golden brown or about 3-4 minutes, drain on paper towel, serve in your fave salad fixins, and drizzle some homemade Ranch dressing all over!