Skillet Vegan Cornbread
3 tablespoons canola oil
1 tablespoon butter substitute, Earth Balance is good...at a health nut store
1 cup almond milk, unsweetened
2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoons EnerG Egg Replacement mixed with 2 tablespoons warm water, found at a health nut store
1 1/2 cups medium grind cornmeal
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Heat canola oil and Earth Balance in a 9 inch iron skillet on medium heat on stove top.
3. Whisk the vinegar into the almond milk so it will curdle.
4. Mix the EnerG Egg Replacement with the warm water.
5. Mix the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium size bowl.
6. Add the milk and egg replacement to the dry ingredients. Stir to mix. Pour into heated skillet.
7. Bake for 30 minutes.
Will keep you posted on the vegan outcome...Love, Di