Tuesday, November 17, 2015
The other night I decided to test a new recipe before Thanksgiving. So tired of that same ole sweet potato casserole dish that nobody seems to eat anymore!
Well, I do declare this recipe was a huge success! These luscious, short stacks were incredible. They are tasty, easy, nutritious, and a nice change from the ordinary. So much fun being different for a bit. Don't you agree?!?!
How To Make Savory Sweet Potato Stacks:
Yield: 12 Stacks 375 F Degrees
5-6 sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into thin rounds
3-4 tablespoons melted coconut oil
3-4 tablespoons melted butter
3-4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
3-4 chopped fresh Rosemary
Salt and pepper to taste
Extra Parmesan cheese and Rosemary for garnish
1. Melt coconut oil and butter in a saucepan over low heat.
2. Remove from heat and add cheese, Rosemary, salt, and pepper. Mix and set aside.
3. Peel potatoes, slice into thin rounds, and place in the saucepan with oil and butter mixture. Toss and cover all slices generously.
4. Spray a 12 count muffin tin with vegetable spray. Stack rounds into the individual muffin spots.
5. Bake at 375 degrees F for about 40-45 minutes or until potatoes are tender and browned.
6. Remove from oven, sit for about 5 minutes, and then carefully remove stacks to a serving dish.
7. Garnish with extra cheese and Rosemary.
Happy Thanksgiving and, by all means don't go changing the cornbread!!! Sweet cornbread dreams to you and yours!
Love y'all, Di