How to make Country Veggie Curry over Curried Cornbread Cakes
4-5 servings in less than 30 minutes:
For the cakes:
1 (7.5 oz) box of cornbread muffin mix
1 teaspoon Tandoori Masala Seasoning from the health nut store (or use half coriander and cumin)
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup coconut milk
2 Tablespoons oil
More oil for fryin'
For the curry:
3 Tablespoons oil
1 medium onion, sliced thinly
2 carrots, slices thinly
1 large jalapeño, chopped and leave the seeds in for spice!
1 heapin' teaspoon Tandoori Masala Seasoning (or use half coriander and cumin)
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 large Roma tomatoes, diced
1 can garbanzo beans, drained
1/2 cup coconut milk
1. Mix the muffin mix, seasoning, salt, coconut milk, and 2 Tablespoons oil together in a small bowl.
2. Heat some more oil in a large 10 inch iron skillet. Drop the batter by tablespoonfuls and fry til done turning once. Set aside.
3. In same skillet add 3 Tablespoons of oil and sauté onion, carrots, and jalapeño while also adding the seasoning and salt until tender or about 5-6 minutes.
4. Add the tomatoes, garbanzo beans, and coconut milk. Heat till hot and bubbly throughout.
5. Arrange 3-4 Curried Cornbread Cakes on a plate and heap some Country Veggie Curry all over. Garnish with extra jalapeño.