Pin It

Monday, January 1, 2018

Black Eyed Pea and Skillet Cornbread for New Year's Day 2018

Hope y'all are having a great New Year's Day today! I know it's been awhile since I've posted but,  I'm still kickin' and lovin' cooking cornbread!

Who's serving black eyed peas for good luck today? Well mine are cookin' as I type. And, what goes with that delicious, tasty ham hock and peas??? You got it. Skillet cornbread. I'm gonna just cook a small skillet up for tonight because I have lots to do this New Year's Day. Like catching up on my blogs I've been neglectin' a teeney bit. But, I have been busy with lots of other good things. Check my blog list to the left of this post or my Twitter feed if you don't believe me! lol I know, I know. It's hard to trust a lady who'll blog about anything. See you soon and let's talk skillet cornbread...

How To Make a Small Skillet of Cornbread...
Preheat Oven to 425 degrees F

1 cup corn meal
1/3 cup all purpose flour
2 ts baking powder
1 ts salt
No sugar today
2 Tb melted butter (*melt in the small skillet)
1 cup buttermilk
1 egg

  1. Mix dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Make a well in the middle and add the butter, buttermilk and egg. Mix till blended.
  2. Heat the small skillet (*which has left over melted butter residue in it) in the oven till it's nice and hot.
  3. Add mixture and bake in oven for 30 minutes.  Pop out onto a pretty plate, cut, and enjoy! 
  



No comments:

Post a Comment