Pin It

Monday, March 11, 2013

Dear Cornbread Diaries,

I had no inklin' of how talented that sweet songbird Tricia Yearwood is! And, if it isn't enough that she made a huge name for herself in the country music industry by her singing and marrying that hunk of a cowboy, Garth Brooks, she's now a big star on Food Network! Seems that dear Tricia can cook like a soulful, Southern mama that everyone would love to come home to. I catch her show in the late afternoons as I'm resting on the sofa with a big ole iced tea in hand and, I do swear this girl knows Southern cooking! She made this Sour Cream Cornbread with Chili the other day that I just had to give a whirl. Tricia was so right, it is light and delicious with the sour cream and creamed corn added. And, when you serve it with chili which tends to be a bit heavy, a perfect balance is in the makin'!! I even tried it the way sweet Tricia said to, with the chili on top of the cornbread in the bowl. Perfection. I do hope you try this recipe in the link above and see what I am chattering about.



And, until later sweet Diary, happy sippin' ice tea and eatin' chili and cornbread on the sofa to all!

Love, Di

No comments:

Post a Comment